SmartPoints® value per serving
This rich tasting beverage is a worthy treat - especially since it's about half the SmartPoint values of other homemade eggnog recipes.
Regular liquid egg substitute
Fat free evaporated milk
2 fl oz, or rum, 80 proof (1/4 cup)
- Beat together egg, egg substitute and sugar.
- Return mixture to stove and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened slightly and very steamy. Do not let eggnog boil.
- Warm milk until it steams, but does not boil. Very gradually beat milk into eggs.
- Stir in vanilla and chill thoroughly.
- Stir in brandy. Pour into four glasses and sprinkle a touch of nutmeg on top of each serving.
- Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.