Egg and prosciutto breakfast bowls with tender greens
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
8 medium, halved
2 slice(s), (about 1 ounce), cut into thin strips
1 clove(s), medium, peeled
4 cup(s), very thinly sliced, (remove tough ribs and stems before slicing)
¼ tsp(s), freshly ground, plus more for serving
½ item(s), medium, peeled, pitted, and sliced
½ item(s), (2 wedges)
⅛ tsp(s), flaky variety, for serving
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Push tomatoes to one side of skillet; add prosciutto to other side. Cook until prosciutto is crisp and tomatoes are very soft, about 3 minutes longer. Remove and set aside.
- Pour remaining 1 teaspoon oil into skillet and return to medium heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in kale, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted and tender but still bright green, about 4 minutes. Remove garlic and set kale aside.
- Fill small skillet two-thirds full of water and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat so water just simmers. Crack each egg separately into cup, then gently slip each egg into water and cook until whites are set and yolk is barely firm, 3–4 minutes. Remove eggs with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Reheat prosciutto, tomatoes, and kale if necessary and divide evenly between 2 bowls. Arrange avocado evenly on top and squeeze lemon wedge over each. Place poached egg on each serving and sprinkle with flaky sea salt and more pepper.
- Serving size: 1 cup kale and prosciutto mix, 1/4 avocado, and 1 egg