Drop Cookies with Brown Sugar & Spices
Packed brown sugar
1 egg white(s), large
Reduced-fat sour cream
Unsalted pecan halves
- Place the oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Continue to cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the butter turns nut brown, about 2 minutes. Pour the butter into a small bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside. Stir together the brown sugar, honey, egg white, and vanilla in a large bowl until blended. Stir in the browned butter, then the sour cream. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart, making a total of 36 cookies. Lightly press a pecan half into each cookie. Bake until the cookies spring back when lightly pressed, 8 – 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking. Let cool on the baking sheets on racks about 2 minutes. With a spatula, transfer the cookies to racks and let cool completely.
- Yields 1 cookie per serving.