Dark chocolate-cherry cheesecakes
graham cracker crumbs
plain lowfat Greek yogurt
14 tbsp(s), divided
fat-free cream cheese
frozen sweetened cherries
fresh lemon juice
2 tsp(s), cold
60-69% dark chocolate
½ oz, shaved
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners.
- Toss graham cracker crumbs with 2 Tbsp yogurt; using the back of a spoon, press 1 Tbsp crumb mixture into bottom of each prepared muffin cup.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together remaining yogurt, cream cheese, eggs, 1/3 c sugar and vanilla; spoon evenly into muffin cups. Bake until top is set, 15-20 minutes; let cool and then chill in refrigerator 2 hours (can make up to 2 days ahead).
- Meanwhile, to make topping, combine cherries, remaining 1 Tbsp sugar, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Using a potato masher, lightly crush cherries. Combine cornstarch with cold water; stir into cherry mixture until thick. Cool cherry topping completely before using (may be made up to 1 day ahead).
- To serve, top each cheesecake with a heaping Tbsp cherry topping; evenly divide chocolate shavings over top.
- Serving size: 1 cheesecake