Uncooked butternut squash
20 oz, peeled and cut up
Fat free vegetable broth
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
Grated Pecorino cheese
Low fat cream cheese
2 tbsp(s), (Neufchatel)
4 oz, (1 1/4 cups) mini shells
2 cup(s), florets
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray. Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add panko and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 4 minutes; set aside.
- Add squash to boiling water; cover and return to boil. Cook, uncovered, until squash is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine broth, Cheddar, pecorino, cream cheese, mustard, salt, and cayenne in blender. With slotted spoon, transfer cooked squash to blender and puree. (Leave water in pan.)
- Bring water back to boil. Cook pasta half the time directed on package; add cauliflower during last minute of cooking time. Drain; return to pot. Stir in puree and toss to coat. Spread pasta mixture in prepared baking dish; top with crumb mixture and spray with nonstick spray. Bake until top is golden and casserole is bubbling, about 25 minutes.
- Serving size: about 1¼ cups