Crispy jalapeño poppers
Enjoy this lightened-up classic anytime you need a finger-food treat: game day, cocktail parties, or movie nights. It’s best to wear disposable gloves when you prepare the jalapeños; the oils in chile peppers can cause skin irritation. Wash your hands well after removing the gloves, and avoid touching your face for a few hours afterward just in case residue lingers on your fingers.
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
Whipped cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Stir together cheese blend, cream cheese, and mayonnaise in medium bowl.
- Halve each jalapeño lengthwise and remove seeds. Fill evenly with cheese mixture.
- Place egg in shallow bowl. Add water and beat with a fork until the egg is smooth and frothy. Place cornflake crumbs in separate shallow bowl. Dip stuffed jalapeños, one at a time, into egg and roll in cornflake crumbs until coated on all sides.
- Arrange jalapeños on prepared baking sheet. Spray with nonstick spray. Bake until filling is bubbly and crumbs begin to brown, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving size: 2 poppers
Note from Chef Eric: I used to drown my poppers in fruit preserves because I love spice balanced with sweetness. But with myWW+, I can drizzle these bites with a touch of honey and still stick to my eating plan. One teaspoon of honey for each serving will add just 1 Point value.