Crispy baked turkey taquitos
4 - 5
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Ground turkey breast cooks with scallions and chili powder, then gets mixed with salsa, for a highly seasoned filling in these whole-wheat taquitos. Sharp cheddar cheese melts into the mixture and binds it together, making assembly of the taquitos easier. Low-carb, high-fiber whole-wheat tortillas are soft and pliable—much easier to work with than more traditional corn tortillas, which tend to crack and split. Salsa is part of the filling as well the dipping sauce here; for the freshest flavor, choose refrigerated salsa from the produce section.
½ cup(s), chopped
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
Fat free salsa
1 cup(s), divided
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup(s), shredded, shredded (4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions and cook 1 minute. Add turkey and chili powder. Cook until turkey is cooked through, stirring to crumble, 4 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa and cook until liquid evaporates, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Spread about ¼ cup turkey mixture down center of each tortilla and roll up. Arrange filled tortillas on prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Spray tortillas with nonstick spray. Bake at 425°F until tortillas are browned and crisp, about 15 minutes. Broil for an additional minute, if desired. Serve with remaining salsa for dipping.
- Serving size: 1 taquito and 1 tbsp salsa