Crispy baked turkey taquitos
Whole wheat tortilla(s)
½ cup(s), chopped
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
Fat free salsa
1 cup(s), divided
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese-
1 cup(s), shredded, shredded (4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions and cook 1 minute. Add turkey and chili powder. Cook until turkey is cooked through, stirring to crumble, 4 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa and cook until liquid evaporates, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Spread about ¼ cup turkey mixture down center of each tortilla and roll up. Arrange filled tortillas on prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Spray tortillas with nonstick spray. Bake at 425°F until tortillas are browned and crisp, about 15 minutes. Broil for an additional minute, if desired. Serve with remaining salsa for dipping.
- Serving size: 1 taquito and 1 tbsp salsa