Creamy spaghetti squash with ricotta and spinach
Uncooked spaghetti squash
3½ pound(s), halved lengthwise and seeded
1 small, finely chopped
2 clove(s), medium, chopped
2 cup(s), halved
Fresh baby spinach
6 oz, (about 3/4 cups)
Part-skim ricotta cheese
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
½ cup(s), shredded, divided
Grated Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp(s), divided
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
½ pinch, freshly ground (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put squash halves on microwave safe plate, cut- side down; microwave on HIGH until tender and squash can easily be scooped out with a fork, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes start to soften, 3 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook, stirring, just until wilted, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Scoop “spaghetti” strands into skillet; toss to coat. Stir in ricotta, 1/4 c mozzarella, 2 Tbsp Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2- to 3-qt baking dish; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly around edges and top is lightly golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 c