Creamy Breakfast Farina with Blueberries
SmartPoints® value per serving
Farina makes a terrific, quick-cooking breakfast cereal. Here it’s combined with fresh blueberries, vanilla yogourt and a touch of nutmeg.
¾ oz, 2 1/2 minute variety
¼ tsp(s), or cinnamon
6 tbsp(s), divided
Fat-free vanilla yogurt
5 tbsp(s), preferably Greek-style, divided
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and milk; bring just to a boil over high heat (watch carefully as the milk has a tendency to boil quickly).
- Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle in farina, whisking constantly; return to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer until thickened and creamy, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and nutmeg (or cinnamon). Stir in 60 ml (1/4 cup) blueberries and 45ml (3 Tbsp) yogourt.
- Spoon farina mixture into serving bowls; top each serving with 7ml (1/2 Tbsp) each remaining blueberries and yogourt. Yields about 175ml (3/4 cup) plus 30ml (2 Tbsp) farina per serving.