¼ cup(s), finely chopped, sweetened, (coat knife with cooking spray before chopping to prevent sticking)
¼ tbsp(s), finely
Reduced fat crescent roll dough
8 oz, 1 tube (8 count)
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine cranberries, walnuts and granulated sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Roll out crescent rolls on a lightly floured surface (use 1 tablespoon flour) to an 11-inch square. Separate along perforations into 8 triangles. Cut each in half lengthwise, making 16 long triangles.
- Spoon a generous teaspoon of filling onto each triangle, leaving bare pastry at top and bottom of triangle. Roll each triangle from wide end to narrow tip.
- Spread out rolled wedges on prepared cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- Move rugalach close together so they are just touching each other. Place confectioners’ sugar in a sieve and dust over rugalach. Yields 1 cookie per serving. (Note: These cookies taste best served warm. Reheat for 5 minutes in a preheated 325°F oven. Do not microwave – it will toughen the dough.)