11 - 12
PersonalPoints™ per serving
No need to deprive yourself of this crunchy, coconut dish any more. We lightened it up for your eating enjoyment.
2 egg white(s), large
6 fl oz, about 2/3 cup
Sweetened coconut flakes
24 large, peeled and deveined (leave tails on)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, 1/2 cup of flour, beer, baking powder and salt. Place remaining 1/4 cup of flour and coconut in two separate shallow bowls.
- Holding shrimp by their tails, dredge each shrimp in flour and shake off any excess. Dip flour-coated shrimp into egg batter and allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut and turn to coat both sides (press coconut onto shrimp to make it stick).
- Transfer shrimp to prepared baking sheet and spray surface of shrimp with cooking spray.
- Bake until coconut is golden brown and shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.