Cinnamon pecan quick bread
White all-purpose flour
Whole wheat flour
Pureed winter squash
Dark brown sugar
2 tbsp(s), toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine squash puree, eggs, applesauce, sugar, oil and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed, until well combined, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined; pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth into an even layer; sprinkle with pecans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool; remove from pan and slice into 16 pieces.
- Yields 1 piece per serving