Cinnamon-apple soft-oven cake
Olive oil cooking spray
2 tbsp(s), divided
2 small, Gala, cored, cut in 1/4-in-thick slices
White all-purpose flour
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add apples and increase heat to medium-high. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden, 8-10 minutes. Add cinnamon; toss to coat. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Arrange apples in an even layer on bottom of prepared pie plate.
- Wipe skillet clean; melt remaining 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Pour butter into a blender; add milk, flour, eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla and salt. Blend until smooth; pour in an even layer over apples.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 25-30 minutes. Let cool until warm and then dust with powdered sugar. Slice into 6 pieces; serve warm.
- Serving size: 1 piece