SmartPoints® value per serving
Don't toss the yolks! Whip up a special treat that makes use of the yellow part.
Fat free skim milk
Unsweetened cocoa powder
⅔ cup(s), powder
Uncooked egg yolk(s)
- In a large, heavy nonstick saucepan, bring milk, cocoa, sugar, cornstarch and salt to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg yolk.
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the cocoa mixture; whisk the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining cocoa mixture, whisking constantly.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Do not let mixture boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour pudding into 4 dessert bowls or 1 serving bowl. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least 1 hour.