Chocolate-Filled Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
SmartPoints® value per serving
These mini cupcakes are the perfect portion-controlled sweet treat.
Unprepared white cake mix
1 cup(s), chocolate, prepared with skim milk
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Fat-free cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 48 mini muffin cups with paper liners.
- To make cupcakes, beat together cake mix, water, applesauce and eggs at low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more. Spoon batter into lined cupcake cups.
- Bake cupcakes for 5 minutes. Drop a teaspoon of pudding into the centre of each cupcake. Bake for 13 minutes more and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- To make icing, create a double boiler: Boil water in a small saucepan and then reduce heat to simmer. Put chocolate chips in a small metal bowl and set bowl over simmering water; stir until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese; blend until smooth.
- Top each cooled cupcake with 1 teaspoon of icing. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.