Chocolate-Covered Marshmallow Lollipops
SmartPoints® value per serving
This chocolate treat is great for the whole family or to share with good friends too. You can find lollipop sticks at your local craft store.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp(s), colored red (buy red decorating sugar)
- Thread a 6 to 8-inch lollipop or popsicle stick through the flat end of one marshmallow. Using a 1/2-inch flat paint brush, brush the flat end of another marshmallow with warm water. Thread that marshmallow onto the stick so that the wet end sticks to the dry marshmallow. If possible do not let the stick push through the dry top of the second marshmallow. Repeat with the remaining marshamllows to yield 12 pops total.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl and microwave on high, stirring every 15 seconds, until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Using a dry 1/2-inch flat paint brush, brush the chocolate thinly onto the rounded sides of the marshmallows. Place the finished lollipops in juice glasses to keep them upright or stick the bottoms into a small block of styrofoam.
- Clean the paintbrush and use it to brush the white top of one pop with warm water. Place the sugar on a small plate and dip the moist top into it; the sugar will stick. Repeat with the remaining pops.
- Refrigerate 3 minutes or until the chocolate is firm, or allow the chocolate to firm up at room temperature, about 3 hours.
- Yields 2 pops per serving.