Chocolate chip meringue cookies
SmartPoints® value per serving
2 hr 8 min
Mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 95°C (200°F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form; gently fold in chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
- Onto prepared baking sheet, drop a heaping 15 ml (1 tbsp) of mixture at a time, about 2.5 cm (1 inch) apart, making 24 cookies in total.
- Bake until lightly golden and no longer sticky on the surface, about 1 hour. Turn off oven and let cookies sit in oven for 1 hour. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Serving size:1 meringue cookie