Chocolate chip biscotti
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Served with coffee, they make a great dinner finale.
Mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until frothy, about 2 minutes. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture. Stir just until moistened and dough forms. Shape the dough into a 13- by 3-inch log on baking sheet.
- Bake log 30 minutes and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 300°F.
- Cut warm log crosswise on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices. Stand slices, about an inch apart, on baking sheet and return to oven for 12 minutes. The centres will be soft, but biscotti will crisp when cooled.