Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
Unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ cup(s), at room temperature
½ cup(s), at room temperature
Packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place room temperature butter into bowl of a mixer and mix with a paddle attachment until smooth, or beat with an electric mixer. Slowly pour granulated sugar in an even stream into butter and mix on high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Pour in brown sugar, mix until incorporated and then scrape mixture down from sides of bowl.
- Slowly beat in each egg one at a time until incorporated. Slowly beat in flour mixture until incorporated.
- Scrape mixture down from sides of bowl and stir in oatmeal and then dried cherries. (Note: Freeze dough at this point or continue to step 6 for baking.)
- Scoop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto a nonstick sheet pan, a pan lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are set. Cool completely. Either serve cookies or stack between sheets of waxed paper in an air-tight container and freeze for up to two weeks before serving. Yields about 1 cookie per serving.
- For subscribers only: This recipe is part of our Cook Once, Eat All Week: Holiday Baking Series. To learn more about this concept, click here.