Chocolate berry pavlova
¾ cup(s), 175 ml
Packed light brown sugar
¼ cup(s), 60 ml
Unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup(s), 60 ml, sifted
4 egg white(s), large, , at room temperature
Cream of tartar
¼ tsp(s), 1 ml
⅛ tsp(s), 0.5 ml
½ cup(s), 125 ml
Light cream cheese
4 oz, 115 g (Neufchâtel), softened
Fat-free skim milk
1 tbsp(s), 15 ml
½ tsp(s), 2 ml
½ pound(s), 225 g, hulled and sliced
1 oz, 28 g
- Preheat oven to 120°C (250°F). Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together 175 ml(¾ cup) of granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa in medium bowl.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar mixture 30 ml (2 Tbsp) at a time, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Spoon onto prepared baking sheet and spread meringue into 20-cm (8-inch) circle to make “nest” with 2.5 cm (1-inch) high edge. Bake 1½ hours.
- Turn oven off, and let cool in oven two hours. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat mascarpone, cream cheese, milk, remaining 7 ml (1½ tsp) of granulated sugar, and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. Spoon into centre of meringue and spread evenly.
- Top with strawberries. Use vegetable peeler to shave chocolate over berries. Cut into 12 wedges. Serve immediately.