Chicks in Blankets
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Here’s a much lighter - but still very tasty - spin on traditional pigs in the blanket.
8 sheet(s), (32.5 x 45-cm (13 x 18-in) each)
Chicken apple sausage
8 link(s), (85 g (3 oz) each)
Low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
¾ cup(s), (175 ml)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place 1 sheet phyllo on a clean work surface with the long side towards you (keep the rest covered with plastic wrap and a damp cloth to keep from drying out); coat entire surface lightly with cooking spray. Fold sheet into thirds (like a letter); coat exposed surface lightly with cooking spray.
- Place 1 link sausage at bottom end of phyllo; roll tightly. Trim excess dough; cut into 4 pieces. Transfer to prepared pan, seam-side down; repeat with remaining phyllo and sausages.
- Bake until phyllo is golden brown, flipping once halfway through, 15 minutes. Turn each chick in blanket on its side; sprinkle a few pieces cheese over each and bake until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
- Serving size: 1 chick in a blanket
Serve with grainy mustard (optional).