Chicken Tortilla Soup
1½ cup(s), chopped
1 medium, seeded and minced
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
Canned diced tomatoes
15 oz, fire roasted, drained
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
Fresh lime juice
1 cup(s), chopped
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot set over medium heat.
- Add onion and salt and cook for 5-10 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, and ancho chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, chicken breasts, and lime juice.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, covered for 20 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove breasts from soup and use 2 forks to shred. Return chicken to pot with cilantro.
- Serve soup garnished with cheese and tortilla chips.
Serves 6- ~1 ½ cup servings soup, 1 Tbsp. cheese, 1 Tbsp. chips. Brand of ingredients used may impact the nutritional information of this recipe resulting in a different Point value.