Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Slaw
2 medium, seeded and sliced
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ large, sliced
1 cup(s), chopped and divided
Fresh garlic scapes
3 medium, finely chopped
Canned adobo sauce
2 tsp(s), from chipotle chiles en adobo
Fresh orange juice
2 tsp(s), or pineapple juice
1 tsp(s), to taste, divided
Chicken breast, grilled, skinless, boneless
Uncooked red cabbage
1½ cup(s), thinly sliced
1 cup(s), diced and chopped
2 small, thinly sliced
1 item(s), cut into 4 wedges
- In a 5- or 6-qt slow cooker, stir together poblanos, onion, 1/2 cup cilantro, and garlic.
- In a cup, mix together chili powder, adobo sauce, orange juice, cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt. Rub over chicken breasts. Place chicken on top of poblano mixture and spoon poblano mixture over chicken. Cover and cook until chicken is fork-tender, about 2 1/2 hours on High.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. With two forks, shred chicken, then return to slow cooker.
- To make slaw: In a medium bowl, toss together cabbage, pineapple, remaining 1/2 cup cilantro, scallions, and remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
- Lay tortillas on a work surface. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each tortilla and top with about 1/4 cup slaw. Serve with lime wedges.