Chicken Pot Pie
Olive oil cooking spray
2 medium, finely chopped
1 pound(s), sliced (use an assortment such as white, cremini, oyster, shiitake)
3 medium, sliced
½ cup(s), dry variety
White all-purpose flour
Canned chicken broth
Skinless rotisserie chicken breast
16 oz, coarsely shredded
Frozen green peas
1 cup(s), thawed
1 tsp(s), chopped
Reduced-fat pancake and baking mix
2 tbsp(s), minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a shallow 10-inch square (2 ½ qt) baking dish with cooking spray.
- To make filling, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring often, until golden, 2–3 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrots; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, 5 minutes. Add wine and increase heat to high; boil until evaporated, 8–9 minutes. Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring to scrape browned bits from bottom of skillet, 1 minute. Stir in chicken, peas, ¼ c half-and-half, thyme, salt and cayenne; transfer to prepared baking dish.
- To make topping, in a small bowl, combine baking mix, remaining 1/3 c half-and-half and chives; stir just until blended.
- Drop topping by heaping Tbsp over filling to form 12 biscuits. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and filling is bubbly, 18–20 minutes