Chicken Meatballs in Turmeric Broth
98% fat free uncooked ground chicken breast
Uncooked red onion(s)
¼ cup(s), sliced, finely chopped
2 clove(s), large, finely chopped
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
4 cup(s), baby
Canned cannellini beans
15 oz, rinsed and drained
Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp(s), plus lemon wedges (optional) for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a medium baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine ground chicken, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, and salt. Scoop and roll into 12 meatballs.
- Add meatballs to pan and roast, turning once, until light golden and cooked through, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, combine broth and turmeric and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add kale and cook, stirring until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in beans and heat through.
- Stir lemon juice into broth mixture. Divide among 4 bowls. Top each with 3 meatballs. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
- Per serving ½ cup broth mixture and 3 meatballs.