Chicken in Apricot Sauce
Sherry cooking wine
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4 oz pieces
White wine vinegar
Unpacked brown sugar
4 item(s), pitted and split in half
8 cup(s), fresh, chopped
1 tbsp(s), 1/4 oz
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and sherry and heat until they sizzle. Add chicken and cook about 6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine nectar, vinegar, sugar and mustard in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes. In a separate cup, mix cornstarch with water.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into nectar sauce and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Add apricots and cook 2 minutes more.
- While sauce is cooking, add spinach to pan in which chicken was cooked. Cook until spinach is slightly wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Divide spinach evenly among 4 plates. Top each plate of spinach with a chicken breast, about 1/4 cup apricot sauce and 3/4 teaspoon chopped pecans. Serve immediately.