Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
6 clove(s), medium, peeled and smashed with a knife
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), boneless, skinless, washed, patted dry (four 4 oz pieces)
1 pinch, freshly ground
Canned chicken broth
Heavy whipping cream
Whole milk plain yogurt
¼ cup(s), Greek-style
⅛ tsp(s), for cooking pasta
Uncooked whole wheat pasta
8 oz, fettuccini
Grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), fresh, flat-leaf, finely chopped, divided
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Rub garlic over chicken; reserve garlic. Season chicken with salt and pepper and rub in seasonings with your hands; set aside.
- Off heat, coat skillet with cooking spray and then set over medium-low heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until golden, flipping once, about 5 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, heavy cream and yogurt; pour over chicken and scrape bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon to incorporate seasonings. Simmer chicken gently, turning once, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Remove chicken from cream sauce and set aside. Add Parmesan cheese to cream sauce and mix until well combined. Add cooked pasta and 3 tablespoons of parsley; toss well. Serve pasta topped which chicken and rest of parsley. Yields about 3 ounces of chicken and 2/3 cup of pasta/sauce per serving.