Chicken Cobb Salad with Creamy Avocado-Lime Dressing
California (Hass) avocado
1 item(s), ripe
½ cup(s), leaves
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh lime juice
2 tsp(s), or to taste
½ tsp(s), or to taste
⅛ pinch, freshly ground, or to taste
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ small, diced
Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
Extra virgin olive oil
Hearts of palm
15 oz, canned, drained, sliced
2 medium, on the cob, kernels removed with a knife
1½ cup(s), diced
2 cup(s), halved
1 cup(s), sliced, sliced
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 large, halved, seeded, chopped
½ medium, diced
1 clove(s), large
12 cup(s), roughly chopped
- Place avocado, cilantro, water, yogurt, lime juice, garlic and hot sauce in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Season to taste with lime zest, salt and pepper (you can make the dressing up to 8 hours in advance but stir in lime zest just before serving).
- Soak onion in a small bowl of ice water to help tame its bite.
- Meanwhile, off heat, coat a grill rack or grill pan with cooking spray; heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with oil and jerk seasoning. Grill, turning once, until grill marks appear and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 6 minutes per side.
- Drain onion; squeeze dry.
- Place lettuce on a large platter and arrange hearts of palm, corn, pineapple, tomato, radish or jicama, peppers, cucumbers and red onion in separate rows over top; sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper (optional).
- Slice chicken on diagonal and arrange over vegetables; drizzle with dressing before serving.
- Serving size: 2 c