Chicken breast sauté puttanesca-style
Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
½ pinch, freshly ground
3 clove(s), medium, minced
Red pepper flakes
10 medium, black, sliced
1 Tbsp, rinsed and drained, chopped
Canned diced tomatoes
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Slip the chicken into the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking just until the chicken is cooked through, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of one chicken breast registers 165°F, about 3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet and add the garlic and red pepper flakes; stir over the heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the olives and capers; pour in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and simmer slowly until just slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet; cook until just warmed through, about 2 minutes. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/3 cup sauce per serving.