Chicken bahn mi sandwiches
Fresh lime juice
2 clove(s), large, minced
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), cutlets
¼ cup(s), unseasoned
½ cup(s), chopped, chopped, sweet, thinly sliced
1 small, coarsely shredded
Sriracha hot sauce
8 oz, 4 (3-oz) sandwich rolls, split and centers removed
½ medium, thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), fresh leaves
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic in large zip-close plastic bag; add chicken. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make pickled vegetables, stir together vinegar, sugar, and salt in small bowl. Add onion and carrot and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Spray large ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Add chicken to pan and cook, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, 6–8 minutes. Thinly slice chicken.
- Stir together mayonnaise and Sriracha in small bowl. Remove soft centers from rolls and discard, or save for bread crumbs. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on cut side of each roll.
- Drain pickled vegetables. Fill rolls evenly with chicken, cucumber, pickled vegetables, and cilantro. (Alternatively, use a 12-ounce roll and cut sandwich into 4 equal portions.)
- Serving size: 1 sandwich