SmartPoints® value per serving
18 oz, Russet variety
Reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2 oz, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper. (If your baking sheet is nonstick you can leave it unlined.)
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1⁄4-inch-wide strips (you should have about 52). Place on prepared baking sheet. Spray with nonstick spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss until coated evenly. Arrange potatoes to form single layer, making sure potatoes do not touch or overlap.
- Bake 20 minutes. Turn fries over and spread out. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes longer.
- Gather fries together; sprinkle with Cheddar. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Transfer fries in pan to wire rack and let cool several minutes before serving.
- Serving size: about 13 fries