Cauliflower, Potato, and Bacon Bisque
1 medium, chopped
½ head(s), medium, cored and coarsely chopped (3 cups)
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
1 medium, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
2 stalk(s), medium, thin size, sliced
1 tbsp(s), chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
¼ tsp(s), or to taste
Reduced sodium canned chicken broth
2% reduced fat milk
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
¾ cup(s), shredded, (3 ounces), shredded
Cooked turkey bacon
3 slice(s), crisp-cooked and cut or torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- Press Sauté on 6-quart Instant Pot. When Hot is displayed, spray bottom of pot with nonstick spray. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cauliflower, potato, celery, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup broth and flour in small bowl until smooth; add to pot along with remaining 1 cup broth and milk. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select Low Pressure; set cooking time for 4 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Remove lid.
- Stir 1/2 cup Cheddar into soup. Using immersion (stick) blender, puree soup. Ladle bisque evenly into 6 bowls; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bacon. Sprinkle with additional thyme and pepper, if desired.
- Per serving: 1 1/4 cups soup, 2 teaspoons cheese, and 1/2 slice bacon