2 clove(s), large, minced
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), cut into 1-inch cubes
Canned chicken broth
1½ cup(s), reduced-sodium
Low sodium soy sauce
2 stalk(s), medium, chopped
Canned bamboo shoots
8 oz, drained
Canned water chestnut(s)
8 oz, sliced, drained
Cooked white rice
2 cup(s), kept hot
Unsalted dry-roasted cashews
1¾ item(s), chopped (about 6 Tbsp)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook until browned on all sides, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of broth, soy sauce, celery, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts to chicken and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- To serve, divide rice among 4 shallow dishes. Spoon chicken mixture onto rice and sprinkle with cashews.
- Yields about 1 cup of chicken, 1/2 cup of rice and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cashews per serving.