Carrot cake muffins
White self-rising flour
Unpacked brown sugar
225 gm, finely grated
50 gm, (1 3/4oz)To serve:
Fat free semi soft cheese
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
Raw orange peel
1 tsp(s), finely zested
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin wrappers.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, milk and melted margarine together. Stir in the grated carrots and raisins. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases (they will be quite full). Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until risen and firm. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the soft cheese, powdered sugar and orange peel together. Serve with the muffins.The secret of successful muffins is to avoid over-mixing.