White all-purpose flour
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Pureed winter squash
½ cup(s), thawed, if frozen
4 tbsp(s), melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over rim of pan by 2 inches; spray foil with nonstick spray.
- Place chocolate in medium microwavable bowl and microwave on Low until melted, stirring every 20 seconds. Let cool slightly.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Stir together squash, maple syrup, butter, egg, and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add squash mixture to flour mixture; stir until flour mixture is just moistened. Stir in melted chocolate until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake until brownies spring back when lightly touched in center, about 20 minutes (do not overbake).
- Cool brownies completely in pan on wire rack. Lift from pan using foil as handles. Peel away foil from brownies. Cut into 16 squares.
- Serving size: 1 brownie