Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
Sherry (dry or sweet)
Canned beef bouillon
3⅓ cup(s), (preferably chicken or vegetable)
3 oz, sliced
1 medium, red or yellow
Baby corn ears
4 tbsp(s), sweet
Cooked baby potatoes
200 gm, new
- Cut the meat into bite size pieces, not too thick. Mix with the soy sauce and sherry. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes whilst you cut the vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Put the bouillon on to boil in a saucepan and when boiling pour into a fondue pot with the burner lit underneath. Adjust the flame so the broth gently simmers.
- Lay the meats, vegetables and shrimp out attractively on a platter with long wooden skewers on the side. Mix the sauces with 1-2 tablespoons of cold water and spoon into small dishes.
- Add the scallions and coriander to the broth. Your guests can then skewer a piece of meat and one or two vegetables or a shrimp onto a skewer then pop it into the simmering broth. The meat should take about 2-3 minutes to cook and can be dipped lightly into the sauces.
- When all the meat and vegetables are eaten, pour the (by now) very tasty broth into cups for soup. The potatoes could be skewered and reheated in the broth also.