Broccoli Stem and Pecorino Crostini
French baguette bread
8 oz, (225 g) cut on angle into 24 0.80-cm (1/3-in)
1 pound(s), (450 g) bad spots trimmed (from 2 heads broccoli)
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp(s), (30 ml)
2 clove(s), medium
Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp(s), (5 ml)
½ tsp(s), (2 ml)
¼ pinch, (1 ml) coarsely ground
Red pepper flakes
4 tsp(s), (20 ml) finely chopped fresh
60 gm, (1/4 cup) finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange bread slices on prepared pan; coat with cooking spray. Bake until just crisp, 12-15 minutes; set aside.
- While bread cooks, chop broccoli stalk into very small pieces (or pulse in food processor).
- Heat oil in a 30-cm (12-inch)nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli stalk; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to turn golden, 3 minutes. Add minced garlic; sauté until just fragrant. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; stir in mint.
- Divide broccoli mixture over crostini (a scant Tbsp per each one); sprinkle with cheese.
- Serving size: 2 crostini