2 medium, chopped
1 small, seeded and chopped
1 medium, chopped
2 clove(s), medium, minced
Low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
¼ pinch, freshly ground
Whole wheat tortilla(s)
Fat free sour cream
Fat free salsa
½ cup(s), medium or hot variety
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions, green pepper, tomato and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add egg whites and whole eggs; cook until eggs are scrambled, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese, cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface; spoon 1/4 of egg mixture onto centre of tortilla and roll up tortilla.
- Fill remaining tortillas with remaining egg mixture, then place tortillas side-by-side in prepared baking dish; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown and tortilla ends are slightly crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa spooned over top. Yields 1 enchilada, 2 tablespoons of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of salsa per serving.