Braised Sablefish with Local Chanterelles
4 tsp, (20 ml) divided
2 clove(s), medium, minced
2 cup(s), (480 ml) (chopped chanterelle mushrooms)
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup(s), (240 ml)
Fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp, (15 ml)
Uncooked sablefish fillet(s)
1 pound(s), (480 g), skin on, cut crosswise into four pieces
¼ tsp, (to taste)
¼ pinch, ground (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C).
- Heat 2 tsp (10 ml) of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms release juice. Add chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes. Pour mixture into the bottom of a shallow baking dish and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp (10 ml) oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of fish fillets with salt and black pepper.
- Add fish to hot pan, skin side down and cook 1 minute, until skin is crisp.
- Remove fish from pan and arrange on top of mushroom mixture in baking dish. Bake 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve fish with mushroom sauce spooned over top.