Blueberry-Lemon Drop Scones
White whole wheat flour
3 tbsp(s), cold
Fat free skim milk
¼ cup(s), granulated
1 tbsp(s), grated
Fresh lemon juice
1 large egg(s)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Cut in butter with two knives or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse sand; set aside.
- Whisk together milk, granulated sugar, lemon zest and juice, vanilla and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Scoop and drop 1/4 c dough onto prepared pan . Repeat to make 12 even-size mounds. Sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar. Bake until well browned, 20-25 minutes. Transfer scones to a wire rack to cool completely (or serve warm).
- Serving size: 1 scone