- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 12 oz uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp unpacked light brown sugar
- 21 item(s) sweet mini baby bell pepper(s), halved and seeded
- 1 1/4 cup(s), shredded 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 small jalapeño pepper(s), thinly sliced (optional)
- 8 item(s), large large canned ripe black olive(s), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) light sour cream
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
To make turkey seasoning, in a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and cayenne; set aside.
Place turkey in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook, breaking apart meat with back of spoon, until no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle turkey with seasoning mixture and stir in water; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is absorbed, 10-15 minutes. Stir in vinegar and sugar; simmer 2-3 minutes more.
Arrange pepper halves, cut-side up, in a single layer on prepared pan.
Evenly divide turkey mixture among peppers and sprinkle with cheese; top with jalapeno slices, if using.
Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes.
Remove from oven; top with olives, sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 7 nachos