Fat free skim milk
3 cup(s), warmed in a microwave for 1 minute
Regular liquid egg substitute
3 egg white(s), large
5 cup(s), raw, sliced
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup milk and let sit 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup milk, egg substitute and oil. Whisk in yeast mixture, sugar and salt. Stir in flour in 3 parts (1 1/3 cups at a time), alternating with remaining 2 1/2 cups milk.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold into batter. Cover bowl and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat a nonstick waffle iron. Stir batter. Spoon about 3/4 cup batter onto iron, close lid, and bake until brown, about 2 minutes.
- Serve each waffle with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and 1 teaspoon powdered sugar. Makes ten 4- x 8-inch waffles.