Beet greens and bulgur salad with feta and pistachios
¾ cup(s), (180 ml)
Fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp(s), (30 ml)
Extra virgin olive oil
4 tsp(s), (20 ml) divided
1 tbsp(s), (15 ml) finely chopped
1 clove(s), small, minced
1 tsp(s), (5 ml)
½ tsp(s), (2 ml)
Uncooked beet greens
4 oz, (115 g) leaves chopped, stems thinly sliced
2 tbsp(s), (30 ml) finely chopped
Crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup(s), (60 ml)
Unsalted dry roasted pistachio nuts
¼ cup(s), (60 ml) roughly chopped
- Bring 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) water to a boil in a small saucepan; stir in bulgur. Cover pot and turn off heat; let bulgur sit 20 minutes. Drain bulgur well; spread on a rimmed baking sheet and let cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 15 ml (1 Tbsp) oil, shallot, garlic, honey, kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 5 ml (1 tsp) oil in a large nonstick skillet; add beet stems and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add beet greens and cook, tossing, until just wilted, 1 minute; season lightly with salt.
- Combine bulgur, beet stems and greens, and chives in a serving bowl; pour dressing over and toss well. Sprinkle with feta and pistachios.
- Serving size: 150 ml (2/3 cup)