Beer Steamed Mussels
Uncooked shelled mussels
4 pound(s), beards removed and shells scrubbed (1.92 kg)
12 fl oz, (360 ml)
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, seeded and diced
½ cup(s), finely chopped, (120 ml)
6 clove(s), medium, minced
¼ cup(s), chopped, (60 ml)
2 Tbsp, chopped, (30 ml), or 1 tsp dried
- Discard any mussels with cracked or open shells.
- In a large pot, combine beer, red pepper, onion, garlic, parsley, and thyme. Stir to combine. Place mussels over top.
- Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high, cover and boil 5 minutes, until shells open, stirring occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer mussels to a large serving bowl, discarding any mussels that haven’t opened.
- Serve remaining liquid on the side for dipping, or pour over top, if desired.