Uncooked whole white potato(es)
1 large, peeled and cubed
Shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
1 cup(s), as needed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour over enough water to cover.
- Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 8 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with the cheese and onion powder until blended and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, egg and salt.
- Add water, about 1 teaspoon at a time, until a stiff dough forms. Roll dough out until 1/4-inch thick.
- Using a large biscuit cutter or drinking glass (about 4 inches wide), cut dough into 16 circles.
- Top each circle with 1 heaping teaspoon of potato mixture. Fold over dough, making a half moon, and pinch the edges to seal.
- Place perogies in a shallow, microwave-safe baking dish and pour over about 1/2-inch of water.
- Cover with plastic and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Coat an outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- Place perogies on hot grill and grill 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.