Barbecue-Glazed Turkey Meatloaf
Uncooked extra lean ground turkey breast
1¼ pound(s), skinless
Dried plain breadcrumbs
⅓ cup(s), seasoned
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
¼ cup(s), shredded
¼ cup(s), minced
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
¼ tsp(s), freshly ground
Packed light brown sugar
1 tsp(s), spicy brown variety
- Fold a 24-inch length of foil in half lengthwise. Fit into the bottom and up the sides of a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker insert.
- Put the turkey, bread crumbs, cheese, onion, egg, oregano, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; using your hands, mix until well combined. Shape the mixture into a loaf and place on the foil in the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook until the meatloaf juices run clear or an instant read thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf registers 165°F, 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Spoon the mixture over the meatloaf, spreading it smooth. Cover the slow cooker and cook until the glaze is heated through, about 30 minutes longer. With the help of the foil, lift the meatloaf from the slow cooker and transfer to a platter. Discard foil and cut the meatloaf into 6 slices.
- Yields 1 slice meatloaf per serving.