Baked potato skins with creamy spinach and turkey bacon
3½ small, baked, sliced in half and cooled
Chopped frozen spinach
20 oz, thawed and squeezed dry
Low fat cream cheese
4 oz, at room temperature
Cooked turkey bacon
3 slice(s), crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Scoop out flesh of potatoes, leaving about 1/4 of potato flesh in potato. (Reserve remaining potato flesh for another use such as mashed potatoes.)
- Place potato halves on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. While potato skins bake, combine spinach, cream cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well-blended.
- Remove skins from oven and spoon 3 tablespoons of spinach mixture into each potato half; bake until warmed through, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove skins from oven and top each half with about 1 tablespoon of crumbled bacon.
- Yields 1 potato half per serving.