Baked candy apples
5 - 8
PersonalPoints™ per serving
These decadent baked apples are just like the classic but with a delicious caramel-candy twist. You'll love making them after a trip to the apple orchard. The best part is they take under an hour to make and require just five ingredients, one of which is water. It really doesn't get much easier than that. And most of the time is simply waiting for the apples to bake in the oven, which should take about half an hour. Make sure that you plan ahead so that you can serve these apples warm. For extra low-calorie sweetness, you can add a dollop of fat-free whipped topping to each apple before serving.
4 medium, unpeeled, Granny Smith recommended
Fresh lemon juice
Chocolate covered caramel-pecan candy
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a melon baller or paring knife, de-stem and core each apple, leaving the bottoms intact.
- Place cored apples in an 8-inch glass baking dish. Pour water around apples in baking dish. Add lemon juice and cinnamon sticks.
- Cut candy into 1/4-inch pieces. Set aside 8 teaspoons of candy pieces. Place remaining candy pieces into each apple.
- Place apples in oven and bake until apples are thoroughly cooked and fork-tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven briefly and top each apple with 2 teaspoons candy. Return to oven and bake until candy is just melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove promptly and serve warm.
- Yields 1 baked apple per serving.