Baked avocado egg rolls
Uncooked portabella mushroom(s)
12 oz, caps, cut into ½-inch slices
½ tsp(s), divided
1 medium, medium, cut into 16 slices
Egg roll wrapper(s)
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
1½ cup(s), about 16 thin strips
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fat free salsa
3 tbsp(s), green or red
1 tbsp(s), chopped
1 tbsp(s), fresh, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange mushroom slices on pan in a single layer; coat with cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes; flip and sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt. Bake 6 minutes more; cool slightly.
- Sprinkle avocado with ⅛ tsp salt. Place an egg roll wrapper on a flat work surface with the corners set vertically (pointing up and down like a diamond shape). Arrange 2 avocado slices, 2-3 mushroom slices, and 2 pepper strips horizontally toward the bottom of the wrapper, leaving about ½ inch at the bottom. Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling and roll over once. Gently but firmly, fold the left side of the wrapper to the center and then fold in the right side. Fold the top of the wrapper down to cover filling and seal any loose ends with water. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place filled wrappers on baking sheet lined with a new sheet of parchment paper. Bake until wrappers are golden brown, flipping once, 16-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, salsa verde, scallions, cilantro, and remaining ⅛ tsp salt. Serve sauce with egg rolls.
- Serving size: 1 egg roll and about 1 Tbsp sauce