Bacon & Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
SmartPoints® value per serving
Made in one pan, this breakfast hash is a delicious meal that works well for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not to mention, it’s also a great meal prep idea; simply omit the eggs and fry one up when it’s time to serve!
8 slice(s), sliced
1 medium, diced
Uncooked sweet potato(es)
2 large, diced
2 cup(s), thinly sliced
Uncooked Brussels sprouts
1 cup(s), thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a cast iron skillet or large frying pan on medium-high heat, add bacon and heat until cooked halfway through. Once cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, leave the remaining bacon fat, add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for roughly 10 minutes until they are slightly tender, but not cooked entirely.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, add the chopped Brussels sprouts and kale and heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing them with the potatoes, until slightly wilted.
- Return bacon pieces to the pan and stir to combine with the sweet potato and vegetable mixture.
- Using a spoon, create small pockets in the vegetable mixture and crack the eggs directly into them.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes for runny yolks, or until cooked to your liking.